What is KMS Activation? This is a way to activate a large amount of computers which is KMS (Key Management Service). This involves using a host on a school campus or company in order to activate each of the machines on a regular period. In order to make this happen each machine uses a unique code that says what operating system is being used which syncs up with the server activation along with that host key. This means that when its done in this case with a emulated Server (KMS Pico) the key is forwarded and captured locally in order to activate through that means.
This is a very efficient method to activate however it also has its drawbacks. The first of which is that your activated for a certain period of time which is usually 180 days and is not permanent solution. You will need to activate it again after 180 days. The second drawback is that usually KMS takes some time to get working as the host keys are not released immediately.
KMS Activation started with using ZWT keygen (Zero Wait Time) as it was a means to activate the OS by emulating the entire activation server then looping it to a local port on the client computer to activate the OS (Win Vista). Clearly we are no longer on Vista as Win 10 was came out. To be clear ZWT had the first emulator to hit the web.
The up side of using KMS activation is that it applies to all Win 8 and 8.x editions as well as Office 2010 and Office 2013. However the down side is that it does not support some of the Windows 7 editions. You can download the kmspico 10.2.0 activator here!
What KMSPico Can Do For You?
The KMSPico can activate the following Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office editions and versions. Please note that before you run the tool, you need to have .NET Framework 4.0 installed on your PC. This is the only requirement to run the activator beside the valid operating system as follow:
- Win 8 and 8.1 Professional/Enterprise
- Win 7 Professional and Enterprise
- Win Vista Business and Enterprise
- Win 10 Technical Preview Build 9841/9860/9888
- Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013
- Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2
- Windows Server Technical Preview Build 9841/9860
How to Install the KMSPico Activator?
Before you can use the loader, you needs to download and install it on your PC or laptop. Follow the instructions below closely.
- Temporary disable your antivirus software by click the antivirus icon on the system tray and choose disabled. (IMPORTANT! Otherwise KMSpico will be unable to modify Windows Registry entries that activates the Windows/Office)
- Download the latest version of KMSpico here.
- Uninstall any previous version of KMSPico by running the cmd first (if this applicable to you).
- Extract the downloaded file to your computer desktop using the tools like Winzip or Winrar.
- Double-click on KMSpico_setup.exe file (in the desktop) to start installing the tool. Click OK if you see anything pop-up. You can see the welcome screen as follow:
- From the welcome screen, click on the Next button to continue.
- From the License Agreement screen, choose ‘I accept the agreement’ option and click the Next button to continue.
- You can just accept the installation location by clicking on the Next.
- Again, you can just accept the Start Menu folder name and click the Next This will start the installation and within a minute the installation will complete.
How to Run KMSPico Windows 8 Activator?
- Please note that once you installed the application, you won’t see any program icon on the desktop.
- Go to the Start button and click on Click Yes if prompt User Account Control window. You will see the following screen:
- If you need to check your current Windows status, click the lower blue This will show your operating system edition as well as activation status.
- Create a tokens backup with the Create icon (This step is optional).
- Press the red icon to start the activation process. Once, successful you will see the screen like follow.
- Now, if you click on the blue icon again, it will show the activation of your Windows and Office status:
- You are done and Win 8 was successfully activated. You can enjoy the full functionalities of it.
Note: If you’re unable to use the activator to successfully activate your copy of Windows 8, please reinstall a fresh copy of operating system and it should be able to activate it. Also, the KMSpico will activate Windows and Office for 180 days. When 180 days is expired then uninstall this activator and install it again using the same procedure.